Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C- Reactive Protein Quantitative
CRP stands for C Reactive Protein. It is a biomarker positive in many acute and chronic conditions. This test is usually ordered when your doctor suspects that you have an acute condition causing inflammation, such as a serious bacterial or fungal infection or when you are suffering from an inflammatory disorder such as arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, or inflammatory bowel disease.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of bacterial infection like fever, chills, rapid heart rate
- To check inflammatory process in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), pelvic inflammatory disease, inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease, etc
- To diagnose auto-immune diseases like lupus erythematossus (SLE), Sjogren’s syndrome, etc
- To diagnose acute heart attack
- To monitor efficacy of treatment for RA.
- No special preparation required
What Results of C- Reactive Protein Quantitative mean?
- High CRP level suggests the presence of inflammation but does not identify the cause
- In people with chronic inflammatory conditions, high level of CRP suggests a flare up or that treatment has not been effective
- If CRP level was initially high and it starts dropping, it means the infection or inflammation is subsiding or responding to treatment
Patient Concerns about C- Reactive Protein Quantitative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between CRP and highly sensitive CRP (hsCRP)?
Both tests measure the same protein in the blood. The hsCRP is used in healthy people to determine their risk for cardiovascular disease.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das