NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Blood
This test is used to determine if your blood glucose is normal, to screen and diagnose diabetes and as a part of routine preventive health check up. You should also get this test done if you are pregnant or you are older than 45 years of age and have risk factors for diabetes (like smoking, family history, hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure). Sometimes, it can also be used to monitor treatment in diabetic patients.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic to monitor the treatment
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association recommends that if your blood sugar, 2 hours after a meal is less than 140mg/dl, you are normal at present
- If levels are between 140-200mg/dl, the doctor usually advises other tests like glucose tolerance test or HbA1c since you are at increased risk of developing diabetes
- If the level is above 200mg/dl, you have diabetes
Established in 1995, Lifecare is the country's premier full-service diagnostic center with laboratory, providing expertise in imaging and digital pathology services. Our integrated diagnostic services help doctors personalize patient care to optimally treat disease and maintain health and wellness. We are committed to providing only the highest level of testing quality and service and working with you to provide unique solutions to your most challenging needs. A highly skilled team of medical professionals including physicians, scientists, medical technologists, medical technicians, lab assistants, biologists, chemists, microbiologists, geneticists, and other specialists work collaboratively. The department receives specimens for testing from patients and collection centers and is a reference laboratory for other clinics and hospitals both nationally and internationally. Lifecare's mission is to support the local delivery of laboratory services through the provision of exceptional reference laboratory services and by providing support services that facilitate and augment community integration efforts. We ensure Quality control programs that exceed industry guidelines for every patient sample. Proactive internal quality control team consisting of pathologists and laboratory personnel ensuring consistency and accuracy of specimen processing and diagnosis Our staff recognizes that specimens are patients, not just accession numbers in our lab. They are dedicated to combining the newest technologies, expertise, and quality in every sample they process.