NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Cholesterol - LDL
What is Cholesterol - LDL?
You should get a LDL cholesterol done as a part of regular examination with cholesterol test or lipid profile at least once every five years if you are above 40 years of age; or at regular intervals when you have risk factors for heart disease like smoking, high blood pressure, family history, diabetes mellitus are present, and/or to monitor effectiveness of treatment with drugs like statins.
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - LDL is: Blood
Preparation for Cholesterol - LDL
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Cholesterol - LDL?
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
- If you are taking lipid lowering medicines
What Results of Cholesterol - LDL mean?
- If the LDL cholesterol level is less than 100 mg/dL - Optimal
- If it is between 100-129 mg/dL — Near optimal, above optimal
- Levels between 130-159 mg/dL — Borderline high
- Level between 160-189 mg/dL — High
- Greater than 189 mg/dL— Very high
Low levels of LDL cholesterol are not generally a concern and not monitored
Patient Concerns about Cholesterol - LDL
Frequently Asked Questions about Cholesterol - LDL
Q. What treatments are recommended for high LDL cholesterol levels?
Initially, lifestyle changes like low fat diet, exercise, cessation of smoking are recommended. Later on, if required lipid lowering drugs are advised.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).