Overview of C3
What is C3?
It is usually ordered when you have recurrent infections usually with bacteria, unexplained edema, or any other symptoms related to autoimmune disorder like systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Sometimes, it is done periodically to help monitor a acute or chronic condition to predict the severity.
Why is C3 done?
- It may be ordered if you have unexplained edema, inflammation or symptoms of an auto immune disorder such as SLE
- To monitor the severity of a complement deficiency disease
Preparation for C3
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for C3
The sample type collected for Complement 3 is: Blood
Interpreting C3 results
- Decreased C 3 levels are associated with increased risk of auto immune disorders like SLE, recurrent infections caused by fungi and parasites, hereditary angioedema, hepatitis, malnutrition, kidney diseases
- Complement proteins are increased in acute and chronic inflammation. Other common causes of increased complement activity are ulcerative colitis, thyroiditis, acute myocardial infarction, cancers like leukemia
Clinico Diagnostic Centre is committed towards a common goal of achieving total Patient Care and Confidence by delivering excellent diagnostic reports and clinical services. This committment and responsibility is practised and communicated by the Top Management through. Achieving the likelihood of desired health outcomes that are consistent with current professional knowledge.