Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
What is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG?
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
Why is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG done?
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
Preparation for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
The sample type collected for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG is: Blood
Interpreting Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG results
- The presence of HSV1 and HSV2 IgG antibodies indicate previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies , measured by comparing acute samples, indicate and active or recent infection
- Negative antibody test results mean that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to HSV
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das