MRI Cervical Spine With Contrast
This test is for
What is MRI Cervical Spine With Contrast?
An MRI cervical spine with contrast is used to visualise the first seven vertebral bones (C1 - C7) of the spinal column (back bone) which are located in the neck region. It is also helpful in visualising their intervertebral discs and the surrounding soft tissues like skin and muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images of the internal body structures in the MRI scan.
Why is MRI Cervical Spine With Contrast done?
- To find the cause of the neck pain or upper back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect any suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most...