What is DTPA scan?
The DTPA scan is an imaging test that uses a radiotracer material called Tc99m-DTPA (diethylenetriaminepentacetate) which is injected into a vein and reaches the kidneys through blood and eventually excreted. Special cameras sensitive to gamma radiation are used to scan the kidneys during the entire process and create images of the urinary system to assess its functioning and any disorders associated with it. These images can be used to assess the renal functioning and detect any problems associated with it.
Preparation for DTPA scan
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for DTPA scan?
- To evaluate the kidney function and its blood flow
- To diagnose any changes in the blood vessels like narrowing of the arteries of kidneys
- To identify any blockages or other abnormalities in the urinary tract
- To follow up the cases of kidney transplant
Molecular Imaging and Therapy
Behind Vardhman Heart Hospital, GHAZIABAD
Molecular Imaging & Therapy is an advanced diagnostic centre offering exclusively all nuclear medicine services under one roof. We have facilities for PET/CT, CT, Gamma Camera/ SPECT, isolation ward for Radionuclide therapies, Pathology and range of Preventive Healthcare packages.At Molecular Imaging & Therapy, our commitment is to provide an imaging environment of the highest quality, from the sophisticated equipment we choose to the professionalism with which we deliver our patient services. Our facility offers the latest 3 Ring GE Discovery IQ PET-CT. We are a group of energetic minds striving to provide accurate and fast nuclear medicine imaging solutions. Ours is a group of highly experienced and acclaimed nuclear medicine physicians aiming to provide the best mixture of skill and experience. Furnished with high end image viewing hardware, we provide accurate reporting for the entire spectrum of nuclear imaging (Gamma Camera Procedures and PET CT) in formats approved by and suited to the individual client. Our reports are detailed and yet easy to comprehend. We also indulge in panel discussions and double check the report before finalization. We ensure a short report turnover time and are available for discussions and feedback. We are currently providing high quality pre-reads to our clients based in the US, Canada and Singapore. We can also provide comprehensive reporting solutions to multiple centres in India and cater to their nuclear medicine needs.