Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Total Leucocyte Count
This test is ordered as a part of CBC, which may be performed when an individual undergoes a routine health examination. It is also commonly ordered when you have signs and symptoms of infection like fever, body aches, headache. Sometimes, it may be ordered when a particular therapy known to affect the WBC’s such as radiation or chemotherapy is started.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of complete blood count or routine health check up
- If you have signs or symptoms of infections or inflammation like fever, chills, body aches, headache
- If your doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- It is also ordered periodically to monitor the effectiveness of treatment after radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- No special preparation required
What Results of Total Leucocyte Count mean?
- High TLC also called leucocytosis may be seen in a large number of conditions like infections usually bacterial or viral, inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, leukemia and conditions that result in tissue death like trauma, burns etc
- Low TLC also called leucopenia can be seen in vitamin B12 deficiency, bone marrow damage with drugs, radiation, disease of immune system like HIV
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.