You need to provide
This test is for
What is Ionic Calcium?
Ionized calcium, also called free calcium, is the amount of calcium that is floating in the blood, not attached to proteins.
Why is Ionic Calcium done?
- As a part of a complete metabolic panel (CMP) or basic metabolic panel (BMP)
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disease
- Parathyroid disease
- High calcium levels such as constipation, abdominal pain, increased thirst or weakness
- Low calcium levels such as tingling fingers or muscle cramps
Interpreting Ionic Calcium results
- High levels of calcium may be associated with hyperparathyroidism, hyperthyroidism, sarcoidosis, medicines like thiazide diuretcis and some tumors
- Lower levels may be due to vitamin D deficiency, kidney failure, decreased absorption of calcium or bone disease.
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Ionic Calcium
Frequently Asked Questions about Calcium Ionized
Q. What are the good sources of calcium?
Milk and other dairy products are the best sources of calcium. Various fruits and vegetables such as green leafy vegetables, broccoli, nuts, eggs and legumes are also great sources of calcium.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the...
The service provided by 1mg lab was very good.