Overview of Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody
What is Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody?
You should get this test done when you have risk factors for HCV infection like you are on long term dialysis, have received a blood transfusion, have injected illegal drugs, you have evidence of chronic liver disease. It is also done when you may have been exposed to hepatitis C virus, such as through contact with infected blood.
The sample type collected for Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody is: Blood
Preparation for Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody?
- If you have signs or symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased appetite
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) also recommends HCV antibody testing if you have ever injected illegal drugs, you have been exposed to someone with Hepatitis C infection, you have evidence of chronic liver disease, you have HIV, or you are on long term dialysis
What Results of Hepatitis C Virus Total Antibody mean?
- A negative HCV antibody test usually indicates no infection with Hepatitis C virus
- A positive or indeterminate HCV antibody test along with a negative HCV RNA test usually indicates past infection or no infection. Additional tests are needed
- A positive or indeterminate HCV antibody test along with positive HCV RNA test indicates current infection
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das
Available at Other Labs