Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Random Blood
A random blood sugar test involves drawing blood at any given time, no matter when you last ate. This test is used when you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased, appetite, increased thirst, increased urination or symptoms of low blood glucose like sweating, hunger, anxiety. It can also be used if you are pregnant or you have risk factors for diabetes like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
- No special preparation required
What Results of Glucose - Random Blood mean?
- The American Diabetic Association and WHO says that if your random blood glucose is greater than equal to 200 mg/dl, you have diabetes
- If the levels is between 140-200mg/dl, you are at increased risk of developing diabetes (Pre diabetic).
Patient Concerns about Glucose - Random Blood
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are there any other conditions except diabetes which can lead to increased or decreased blood sugar?
Other conditions except diabetes which can lead to increased blood sugar levels are: stress, chronic kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, cushing syndrome, drugs like steroids, anti depressants, epinephrine, estrogen, phenytoin Other conditions which can lead to decreased blood sugar levels are: hypothyroidism, liver disease, starvation
Q. Can I test myself at home to monitor the blood sugar level?
If you are not diabetic, you don’t need to measure your blood sugar at home. If you are already a diabetic, you can buy a home glucose monitor called as a glucometer to check your sugar levels regularly.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das
Available at Other Labs