Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C- Reactive Protein Quantitative
CRP stands for C Reactive Protein. It is a biomarker positive in many acute and chronic conditions. This test is usually ordered when your doctor suspects that you have an acute condition causing inflammation, such as a serious bacterial or fungal infection or when you are suffering from an inflammatory disorder such as arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, or inflammatory bowel disease.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of bacterial infection like fever, chills, rapid heart rate
- To check inflammatory process in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), pelvic inflammatory disease, inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease, etc
- To diagnose auto-immune diseases like lupus erythematossus (SLE), Sjogren’s syndrome, etc
- To diagnose acute heart attack
- To monitor efficacy of treatment for RA.
- No special preparation required
What Results of C- Reactive Protein Quantitative mean?
- High CRP level suggests the presence of inflammation but does not identify the cause
- In people with chronic inflammatory conditions, high level of CRP suggests a flare up or that treatment has not been effective
- If CRP level was initially high and it starts dropping, it means the infection or inflammation is subsiding or responding to treatment
Patient Concerns about C- Reactive Protein Quantitative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between CRP and highly sensitive CRP (hsCRP)?
Both tests measure the same protein in the blood. The hsCRP is used in healthy people to determine their risk for cardiovascular disease.
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests
Available at Other Labs