MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain)
This test is for
What is MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain)?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the lower abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the lower abdomen and the pelvis. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images.The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MRI Lower Abdomen (Plain) done?
- To detect the blood flow pattern in the abdominal area for any blockage of the arteries which supplies blood to the kidney, liver and spleen
- To diagnose abdominal aortic aneurysm (aorta enlargement at the abdomen region)
- To monitor conditions of the kidney / liver after its transplantation
- To evaluate fatty liver syndrome and cirrhosis of the liver (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- To diagnose hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney which results in urine backflow), stone in the kidney / ureter / urinary bladder or gall stones (in the gall bladder)
- To monitor the extent of abnormal tumor growth in the intestines, liver, pancreas, ureter, adrenal gland, gall bladder and kidney
Aarthi Scans and Labs is a private limited company, was founded by Mr. Govindarajan in the year 2000 and is currently managed by a Team of Radiologists, all from one family – Dr.Prasanna Vignesh, Dr.Aarthi Prasanna, Dr.ArunKumar Govindarajan and Dr.Rajkumar.We are the largest and most affordable diagnostic provider in India. Aarthi Scans and Labs offers its services to more than 4000 patients a day across 4 southern states. We have 22 full fledged diagnostic centers with CT, MRI, Ultrasound...