Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Anti-HAV IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
Why is Anti-HAV IgG done?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
Interpreting Anti-HAV IgG results
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the...