Information about Theophylline
Theophylline is used in the treatment and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How Theophylline works
Theophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of Theophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Available Medicine for Theophylline
Unicontin-EModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹237 to ₹2822 variant(s)
UnirespAlgen Healthcare Limited
₹37 to ₹582 variant(s)
Theoresp PlusLife Medicare & Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹632 variant(s)
₹10 to ₹162 variant(s)
OD PhyllinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹7 to ₹102 variant(s)
TgloGloss Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
TheofilIntra Labs India Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹222 variant(s)
TheorespLife Medicare & Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹592 variant(s)
TsrBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
Expert advice for Theophylline
- You have been prescribed Theophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.