Information about Tetracaine Topical
Tetracaine topical uses
Tetracaine Topical is used for local anesthesia.
How tetracaine topical works
Tetracaine Topical works by blocking pain signals from the peripheral nerves to brain which decreases the sensation of pain.
Common side effects of tetracaine topical
Increased sensitivity to light, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation, Skin irritation, Dry skin, Skin inflammation, Warm sensation
Available Medicine for Tetracaine TopicalNo medicine available
Expert advice for Tetracaine Topical
- Do not use tetracaine eye drops for long duration without consulting your eye specialist as it may damage your cornea and severely affect your eyesight.
- Take precautions to protect your numb eye from dust and bacterial contamination.
- Remove your contact lenses prior to the administration of the tetracaine eye drops.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after instillation of tetracaine eye drops unless vision is clear.
- Do not use large amounts of tetracaine topical formulation, or cover treated skin areas with a bandage or plastic wrap without medical advice.
- Do not apply on skin that is cut or irritated.
- Follow your doctor’s advice regarding use of tetracaine creams in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to tetracaine, other local anesthetics or any of its ingredients.
- Patients being treated with sulphonamides or being treated for bacterial infections, diabetes
- Patients having deep puncture wounds, raw or blistered skin, severe burn or abrasion in the area used for numbing.
- It sholud not give to premature babies.