Terizidone is used in treatment of drug resistant tuberculosis, both pulmonary and extra pulmonary and against infections of the urinary tract.
How it works
Terizidone belongs to class of drugs called antimycobacterials. Terizidone acts by preventing cell wall synthesis by inhibiting two necessary enzymes.
Common side effects
Confusion, Depression, Dizziness, Convulsion, Headache, Insomnia, Slurred speech, Tremor
- 1 variant(s)
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any suicidal or psychotic symptoms.
• Always take vitamin B6 along with terizidone.
• Avoid large fatty meal while taking terizidone.
• Do not consume alcohol while taking Terizidone as it may worsen the side effects.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with epilepsy, severe depression, psychosis or alcohol abuse.