Tenatoprazole is used for the treatment of certain acid-related diseases such as stomach ulcers and esophagitis (swelling in the swallowing tube) due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD; symptoms include frequent persistent heartburn, reflux of food or sour liquid, difficulty in swallowing and upper abdominal and chest pain).
How it works
Tenatoprazole belongs to the class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors. It works by blocking the activity of the proton pumps in the stomach wall that produce acid thereby reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach, eventually relieving the symptoms associated with acid-related diseases.
Common side effects
Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Allergic skin rash, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Fatigue, Headache
- 1 variant(s)
- Exercise caution if you have a history of gastrointestinal surgery or poor absorption of food.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take allergic to tenatoprazole or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection.
- Do not take if suffering from acquired immune syndrome (AIDS/HIV).