Information about Tenatoprazole
How tenatoprazole works
Tenatoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of tenatoprazole
Nausea, Headache, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Flatulence, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Tenatoprazole
- ₹195Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tenatoprazole
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Tenatoprazole can decrease magnesium levels in blood. Get your magnesium levels checked regularly. You may need a magnesium supplement or need to discontinue your medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from osteoporosis as Tenatoprazole can weaken your bones by decreasing calcium levels in blood. You may need a calcium supplement, preferably calcium citrate.
- Tenatoprazole is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- It may take a few days to show its effect. You can take an antacid for a quick relief during this time unless your doctor has asked you not to use them.
- Once you start feeling better, do not stop taking your medicine. Take it for the duration as advised by your doctor