Information about Sulfasalazine
How Sulfasalazine works
Sulfasalazine is a Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatoid Drug (DMARD). It works by suppressing the overactivity of the immune system in autoimmune diseases and blocks the chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling).
Common side effects of Sulfasalazine
Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Headache, Loss of appetite, Nausea, Oligospermia (low sperm count), Vomiting, Weight loss
Available Medicine for Sulfasalazine
SazoWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹66 to ₹1904 variant(s)
SaazIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹60 to ₹1312 variant(s)
₹44 to ₹1433 variant(s)
Sazo ENMedley Pharmaceuticals
₹88 to ₹1802 variant(s)
IwataCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
SSNScientific Sport Nutrition
₹63 to ₹779942 variant(s)
RhemosazWorld Wide Pharma
SFZTBG pharma ltd
ZemosalSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Expert advice for Sulfasalazine
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- It may take 6-8 weeks for Sulfasalazine to work. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking Sulfasalazine in order to avoid kidney problems such as kidney stones.
- It may cause a deficiency of folic acid. Take the supplements as suggested by the doctor.
- Do not take Sulfasalazine if you are allergic to sulfa drugs or aspirin.
- It may discolour your skin, urine, saliva and tears an orange/yellow colour. This is normal and not harmful.
- Regular blood tests to monitor your liver function, kidney function, and the levels of your blood components are required while taking this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.