Stannous fluoride is used in the treatment of hypersensitivity, inflammation of gums and dental cavities.
How it works
Stannous fluoride belongs to the class of medications called as cariostatic and antibacterial agents. It works by strengthening the teeth and reducing the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth. It also promotes remineralization and arrests dental carries formation.
Common side effects
Altered taste, Application site irritation
- ₹100Global Dentaids Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Brush your teeth for at least one minute, preferably after each meal, or at least twice a day, or as directed by your dentist.
- Do not use the Stannous fluoride for a duration of more than 4 weeks, unless recommended by a dentist.
- Notify the dentist if the problem persists or worsens. Sensitivity in the teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care by a dentist.
- For maximum effectiveness, avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Stannous fluoride.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is stannous fluoride toothpaste safe?
Yes, stannous fluoride toothpaste is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does stannous fluoride stain teeth?
Yes, stannous fluoride stains the teeth but this can be reduced by proper brushing
Q. How does stannous fluoride kill bacteria?
Stannous fluoride exerts a killing effect on bacteria due to non-specific interaction with the bacterial membrane that causes membrane disruption leading to cell lysis and death.