Saroglitazar is used in the treatment of diabetic dyslipidemia (increased levels of fats in diabetes) .
How it works
Saroglitazar restores body's ability to use insulin to lower blood sugar level.
Common side effects
Fever, Gastritis, Weakness
- 1 variant(s)
- Use with caution if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, or history of myopathies, heart disease with episodic congestive heart failure or if you observe excessive weight gain.
- If you have type 2 diabetes with episodic congestive heart failure, you should be regularly monitored for signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure.
- It should be used with caution in elderly patients.
- Saroglitazar is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.