Information about Saroglitazar
Saroglitazar is used in the treatment of diabetic dyslipidemia.
How saroglitazar works
Saroglitazar works by increasing fatty acid oxidation process in the liver and also reduces secretion of triglycerides. It also restores body's ability to use insulin to lower blood sugar.
Common side effects of saroglitazar
Weakness, Fever, Gastritis
Available Medicine for Saroglitazar
- ₹1200Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹266Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Saroglitazar
- Use with caution if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, or history of myopathies, heart disease with episodic congestive heart failure or if you observe excessive weight gain.
- If you have type 2 diabetes with episodic congestive heart failure, you should be regularly monitored for signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure.
- It should be used with caution in elderly patients.
- Saroglitazar is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.