Saroglitazar is used in the treatment of diabetic dyslipidemia (increased levels of fats in diabetes)
How it works
Saroglitazar restores body's ability to use insulin to lower blood sugar level.
Common side effects
Weakness, Fever, Gastritis
- 1 variant(s)
- Use with caution if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, or history of myopathies, heart disease with episodic congestive heart failure or if you observe excessive weight gain.
- If you have type 2 diabetes with episodic congestive heart failure, you should be regularly monitored for signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure.
- It should be used with caution in elderly patients.
- Saroglitazar is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.