Information about Sacubitril + Valsartan
Sacubitril + Valsartan Uses
Sacubitril+Valsartan is used in the treatment of Heart failure. It reduces the risk of hospitalization and death due to long lasting (chronic) heart failure.
How Sacubitril + Valsartan works
Sacubitril + Valsartan is a combination of two medicines: Sacubitril and Valsartan which belong to a class of angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibitor (ARNI). This combination treats heart failure by relaxing the blood vessels and making it easier for your heart to pump blood throughout your body. In addition, it also helps your body retain less water.
Common side effects of Sacubitril + Valsartan
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Renal impairment, Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Dizziness, Altered levels of potassium in blood, Diarrhea, Decreased red blood cell count, Headache, Fainting, Weakness, Nausea, Stomach pain, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Vertigo
Available Medicine for Sacubitril + Valsartan
VymadaNovartis India Ltd
₹681 to ₹23625 variant(s)
₹677 to ₹11743 variant(s)
₹669 to ₹11693 variant(s)
ValsacNatco Pharma Ltd
₹1260 to ₹15402 variant(s)
₹1050 to ₹15002 variant(s)
ZayoEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹350 to ₹15005 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sacubitril + Valsartan
- You have been prescribed Sacubitril + Valsartan for the treatment of of long-lasting (chronic) heart failure.
- You should continue to stay active (light walking, stretching) and eat a healthy, low sodium diet along with taking this medication.
- To reduce the chances of feeling dizzy, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may cause the level of potassium in your blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Do not take Sacubitril + Valsartan if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.