S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies
How it works
S-adenosylmethionine belongs to the class of drugs called as nutritional supplement. It is a naturally occurring chemical in the body that participates in vital chemical processes in the body and helps balance chemicals in the brain thereby reducing inflammation and symptoms associated with depression.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Acute toxicity, Stomach upset
- ₹280 to ₹450Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹878Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹285 to ₹440Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹465 to ₹490Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹302 to ₹531Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹740La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹223Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹239 to ₹379Alde Medi Impex Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹668Medsea Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹890Ark Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Always take S-adenosylmethionine on an empty stomach.
- Avoid taking S-adenosylmethionine at night, as it may cause sleeplessness.
- Ensure that you consume sufficient B vitamins, especially B6, B12, and folic acid, while you are taking S-adenosylmethionine.
- Seek immediate medical attention if your symptoms associated with depression do not improve while taking S-adenosylmethionine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to S-adenosylmethionine or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness).
- Do not take to children pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe)?
S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) is a naturally occurring compound. It works by balancing chemicals in the brain and reducing inflammation in the body. It is used for relieving pain and inflammation in arthritis, treating depression, and for liver health. It may also have other uses. Ask your doctor for more details regarding the particular brand you use.
Q. What are the benefits of S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe)?
The body uses S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) to make certain chemicals in the body that play a role in pain, depression, liver disease, and other conditions. People who do not make enough S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine naturally may be helped by taking it as a supplement.
Q. Is S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) used for alcoholic liver diseases?
S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) can be used for alcoholic liver diseases. It performs many functions in the liver, including major physiologic defense mechanism against oxidative stress. SAMe is particularly important in opposing the toxicity of free oxygen radicals generated by various pathogens and also alcohol which causes oxidative stress. Ask your doctor for more information on how and when SAMe can be used for alcoholic liver disease.