Prevention of Rubella
Description of Prevention of Rubella
It is an acute condition caused by rubella virus. Rubella virus is a pleomorphic RNA (ribonucleic acid) virus. The infection causes mild viral fever and may get fatal if not treated well.
Rubella fever is broadly of two types:
2. Congenital rubella syndrome (CRS)
Signs and Symptoms
Common symptoms are:
3. Small red papules on soft palate
1. Blood tests to diagnose presence of leukopenia and thrombocytopenia.
2. Microbiological examinations for virus isolation and IgM/IgG rubella antibody.
1. No specific management is available for rubella. Symptomatic treatment to alleviate the discomfort is practiced.
2. Medications may include:
a) Antipyretics like paracetamol
b) Immune globulins
Complications and When Should You See a Doctor
1. CRS can cause miscarriage, stillborn baby, and congenital defects
2. Rubella can cause:
Frequently Asked Questions about Prevention of Rubella
Not Available. Will update soon.