Information about Regorafenib
Regorafenib is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum.
How regorafenib works
Regorafenib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of regorafenib
Rash, Weakness, Low blood platelets, Difficulty in speaking, Haemorrhage, Vomiting, Pain, Nausea, Infection, Hair loss, Fever, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhea, High blood pressure, Decreased appetite, Mucosal inflammation, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
Available Medicine for Regorafenib
- ₹42194Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59294Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Regorafenib
- Regorafenib is used in the treatment of cancers of colon and rectum.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Regorafenib
Q. Is Regorafenib chemotherapy?
Yes, Regorafenib is used as a chemotherapy to treat cancer of stomach (gastrointestinal stromal tumors), colon or rectal, in cases who have been treated with other cancer treatments or are incurable with other treatments
Q. Is Regorafenib FDA approved?
Yes, Regorafenib has been approved by US FDA since 2012
Q. How is Regorafenib administered?
Regorafenib needs to be administered orally as advised by your doctor. It is to be taken at the same time of the day
Q. Does Regorafenib shrink tumors?
Yes, Regorafenib works either by shrinking the tumor or stops it from growing further.