Rabeprazole + Itopride
Information about Rabeprazole + Itopride
Rabeprazole + Itopride Uses
Rabeprazole+Itopride is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and Peptic ulcer disease.
How Rabeprazole + Itopride works
Rabeprazole + Itopride is a combination of two medicines: Rabeprazole and Itopride. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn. Itopride is a prokinetic which works on the region in the brain that controls vomiting. It also acts on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach.
Common side effects of Rabeprazole + Itopride
Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Flatulence, Weakness, Increased saliva production, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Rabeprazole + Itopride
RazoDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹75 to ₹2204 variant(s)
Rablet ITLupin Ltd
Cyra-ITSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Rabium PlusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Rekool-ITAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Veloz ITTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Rabsig ITSignova Pharma Pvt Ltd
Rabiros ITMicro Labs Ltd
Bravia-ITGrandcure Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Rabeprazole + Itopride
- You have been prescribed Rabeprazole + Itopride for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.