Information about Psoralen
Available Medicine for Psoralen
- ₹30Albatross Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹895Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹78Parry Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Psoralen
• Always take psoralen tablets 2 hours before the UV radiation exposure along with food or milk.
• Take a plain shower before your treatment to keep your skin clean and dry.
• Do not use perfumes, aftershave, deodorants or other cosmetics and toiletries as they make your skin even more sensitive to the UV light causing blistering of your skin.
• Never take psoralen more than the dose that has been prescribed as it may cause burning or blistering of your skin after exposure to UV light.
• Avoid any other form of artificial UV treatment or relaxation e.g. solarium or sunbathing.
• Men should take the required precautions to protect the genital area.
• Always wear protective goggles while receiving your light dose in the cabinet.
• UV400 standard eye protection glasses and protective skin covering must be worn for 24 hours from time of taking psoralen tablets.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to psoralen or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children under 14 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for Psoralen
Q. What is PUVA therapy?
Psoralen and ultraviolet A radiation (PUVA therapy) is used to treat certain skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, polymorphic light eruption, and mycosis fungoides.