Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp)
Information about Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp)
Polyvinyl alcohol (including pvp) uses
Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp) is used in the treatment of dry eyes.
How polyvinyl alcohol (including pvp) works
Polyvinyl alcohol, a nonionic surfactant, is used as a stabilising agent, lubricant and as an agent to increase viscosity in pharmaceutical manufacturing. In eye preparations, polyvinyl alcohol is used to increase the viscosity and thereby prolonging contact time of the active ingredient with the eye. It is often found in artificial tears preparations for dry eye and in contact lens solutions.
Common side effects of polyvinyl alcohol (including pvp)
Blurred vision, Burning sensation in eye, Stinging sensation
Available Medicine for Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp)
- ₹67Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp)
- Your doctor has prescribed Polyvinyl Alcohol (Including Pvp) to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.