Pentosan polysulfate sodium
Information about Pentosan polysulfate sodium
Pentosan polysulfate sodium uses
Pentosan polysulfate sodium is used in the treatment of interstitial cystitis.
How pentosan polysulfate sodium works
Pentosan polysulfate sodium binds to the urinary bladder wall and prevents the irritating chemicals in the urine from coming in contact with the bladder wall.
Common side effects of pentosan polysulfate sodium
Hair loss, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Headache, Rash, Dyspepsia, Abdominal pain, Liver function abnormal, Dizziness.
Available Medicine for Pentosan polysulfate sodium
- ₹599Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹650 to ₹5500Swati Spentose Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹610Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pentosan polysulfate sodium
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Notify your doctor before a scheduled surgery. You should speak with the doctor about when to discontinue Pentosan polysulfate sodium prior to surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (drugs that work to prevent blood clotting) therapy such as warfarin sodium, heparin, high doses of aspirin, or anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. The Pentosan polysulfate sodium has a weak anticoagulant effect which may increase bleeding.
- Notify your doctor if you have any liver problem.