Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin
Information about Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin
Penicillin g / benzylpenicillin uses
Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, syphilis and prevention of rheumatic fever.
How penicillin g / benzylpenicillin works
Penicillin g / benzylpenicillin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Common side effects of penicillin g / benzylpenicillin
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin
- ₹4 to ₹10Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹13Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹30Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹9Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17Standard Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹8Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹12Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin
- Make sure you complete the course even if you start to feel better.
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Penicillin G / Benzylpenicillin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.