Information about Orciprenaline
How orciprenaline works
Orciprenaline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of orciprenaline
Tremor, Headache, Restlessness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Palpitations
Available Medicine for Orciprenaline
- ₹90 to ₹135Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹52Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Orciprenaline
- Orciprenaline is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness.
- It must be taken regularly to help keep the airways open at all time.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium levels. Inform your doctor if you notice muscle twitching or weakness, or an irregular heartbeat.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart diseases or if you experience headache, or chest pain.
Frequently asked questions for Orciprenaline
Q. What is Orciprenaline sulphate?
Orciprenaline also known as metaproterenol belongs to a group of medicines called ‘bronchodilator”. Orciprenaline sulphate is a sulphate salt of Orciprenaline
Q. What is Orciprenaline syrup?
Orciprenaline syrup contains Orciprenaline
Q. What is Orciprenaline used for?
Orciprenaline is used to treat symptoms of reversible airways obstruction, which is a symptom of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked [eg, emphysema]). It is also used to treat bradycardia (slow heart rate) and bronchospasm (constriction of the air passages).