Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Information about Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Ofloxacin + prednisolone uses
Ofloxacin+Prednisolone is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ofloxacin + prednisolone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Ofloxacin and Prednisolone. Ofloxacin is an antibiotic which prevents bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. This treats your infection. Prednisolone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause redness, swelling and itching.
Common side effects of ofloxacin + prednisolone
Eye irritation, Eye discomfort
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
- ₹26Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Zytras Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹45Talson Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹11Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Vee Remedies1 variant(s)
- ₹10Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
- Ofloxacin + Prednisolone is used for the treatment of bacterial infection and inflammation of the eye.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface to avoid contamination.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- Do not wear contact lenses until your infection clears up.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if your condition hasn't improved after seven days of treatment.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Q. How long does Ofloxacin+Prednisolone takes to work?
Usually, Ofloxacin+Prednisolone starts working soon after applying it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. Can I stop taking Ofloxacin+Prednisolone when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ofloxacin+Prednisolone and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.