Information about Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Ofloxacin + Prednisolone Uses
Ofloxacin+Prednisolone is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Ofloxacin + Prednisolone works
Ofloxacin + Prednisolone is a combination of two medicines: Ofloxacin and Prednisolone. Ofloxacin is an antibiotic which prevents bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. This treats your infection. Prednisolone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause redness, swelling and itching.
Common side effects of Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
Eye irritation, Eye discomfort
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
OcepredSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Toro PZytras Life Sciences
Oflo PSunways India Pvt Ltd
Preds OAppasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd
ExopredAllergan India Pvt Ltd
OmepredEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PredfaxOptho Remedies Pvt Ltd
Ofc PJawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ofloxacin + Prednisolone
- Ofloxacin + Prednisolone is used for the treatment of bacterial infection and inflammation of the eye.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface to avoid contamination.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- Do not wear contact lenses until your infection clears up.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if your condition hasn't improved after seven days of treatment.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.