Information about Norethisterone enanthate
Norethisterone enanthate uses
Norethisterone enanthate is used for contraception.
Common side effects of norethisterone enanthate
Uterine bleeding , Vaginal bleeding, Weight gain, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Skin disorder, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Available Medicine for Norethisterone enanthate
- ₹138Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Norethisterone enanthate
- Norethisterone enanthate is used for preventing pregnancy (contraception).
- To avoid the risk of becoming pregnant you must take the injection once after every 8 weeks.
- It is usually given into the muscle of the buttock.
- The injection cannot be reversed once it has been given and its effects last for at least 8 weeks.
- Fertility does return once the injections are stopped, but the time varies for each woman.
- It may cause irregular bleeding, spotting or your menstrual bleeds to stop altogether. Inform your doctor if you get heavy or prolonged bleeding.
- Do not take Norethisterone enanthate if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, or have a history of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, liver problems, or bleeding problems.