Information about Isosorbide Dinitrate
Isosorbide Dinitrate Uses
How Isosorbide Dinitrate works
Isosorbide Dinitrate is a nitrate. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which decreases the oxygen demand of the heart and reduces its workload, thereby preventing/treating attacks of angina (chest pain).
Common side effects of Isosorbide Dinitrate
Available Medicine for Isosorbide Dinitrate
₹40 to ₹1053 variant(s)
IsordilIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹8 to ₹92 variant(s)
SorbidineTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MonotagIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
AnzidinStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹5 to ₹62 variant(s)
CardicapSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹11 to ₹993 variant(s)
SosodilAarux Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
IsocrateRoussel Laboratories Pvt Ltd
VasmocardLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹154 to ₹2002 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fiber, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, increase your physical activity, watch your weight and reduce stress.
- Isosorbide Dinitrate may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Isosorbide Dinitrate as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Isosorbide Dinitrate with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Isosorbide Dinitrate as it may cause low blood pressure.