Information about Isosorbide Dinitrate
Isosorbide dinitrate uses
How isosorbide dinitrate works
Isosorbide Dinitrate is a nitrate.It reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply.
Common side effects of isosorbide dinitrate
Headache, Flushing of face, Dizziness, Increased heart rate, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Isosorbide Dinitrate
- ₹37 to ₹106Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹10Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹165Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹163Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹7Stadmed Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹99Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹10Aarux Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21East West Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Headache (‘nitrate headache’) may occur but should go away after a few days of continued treatment.
- You may develop tolerance to Isosorbide Dinitrate with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fibre, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, limit alcohol intake, increase your physical activity, watch your weight, and reduce stress.
- Notify your doctor about other medicines (eg. sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil) that you are taking as Isosorbide Dinitrate may interact with them and cause a serious fall in blood pressure. This may lead to collapse, unconsciousness and could be fatal.
Frequently asked questions for Isosorbide Dinitrate
Q. What is Isosorbide Dinitrate and what is it used for?
Isosorbide Dinitrate is used to prevent and treat angina pectoris and as an adjunctive treatment in severe acute or chronic congestive cardiac failure.
Q. How does Isosorbide Dinitrate work?
Isosorbide Dinitrate belongs to a group of medicines called organic nitrates and it works by widening the blood vessels in your heart to allow an increased amount of blood flow to areas which need it.
Q. Does Isosorbide Dinitrate lower heart rate?
No, Isosorbide Dinitrate is not known to lower heart rate.