Information about Indacaterol
How indacaterol works
The Indacaterol works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of indacaterol
Headache, Nausea, Oropharyngeal pain, Nasopharyngitis, Cough
Available Medicine for Indacaterol
- ₹2031Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Indacaterol
- Before you take indacaterol, inform your doctor if you have /are being treated for hypertension, thyroid, heart problems, seizures, drugs that reduce potassium levels in blood.
- Indacaterol capsules are not to be swallowed. Use them with the inhaler as per instructions.
- Indacaterol is used to control symptoms of COPD. It should not be used to treat sudden COPD attacks.
- Do not stop using indacaterol even if you feel well, as doing so may worsen your symptoms.
- Indacaterol capsules should only be used with the inhaler that comes with this medicine. Do not use the inhaler to inhale any other type of medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Indacaterol
Q. Is Indacaterol a steroid?
No. Indacaterol is not a steroid. It is a long-acting beta agonist
Q. What is Indacaterol maleate?
Indacaterol maleate is a stable form of Indacaterol in which maleic acid is added.