Information about Indacaterol
How Indacaterol works
Indacaterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of Indacaterol
Headache, Cough, Runny nose, Dizziness
Expert advice for Indacaterol
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.