How it works
Common side effects
- Before you take indacaterol, inform your doctor if you have /are being treated for hypertension, thyroid, heart problems, seizures, drugs that reduce potassium levels in blood.
- Indacaterol capsules are not to be swallowed. Use them with the inhaler as per instructions.
- Indacaterol is used to control symptoms of COPD. It should not be used to treat sudden COPD attacks.
- Do not stop using indacaterol even if you feel well, as doing so may worsen your symptoms.
- Indacaterol capsules should only be used with the inhaler that comes with this medicine. Do not use the inhaler to inhale any other type of medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is indacaterol a steroid?
No. Indacaterol is not a steroid. It is a long-acting beta agonist
Q. What is indacaterol maleate?
Indacaterol maleate is a stable form of indacaterol in which maleic acid is added.