How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Always take hydrotalcite on an empty stomach.
- Inform your doctor before taking hydrotalcite if you have any disorder related to potassium or platelets, liver or kidney diseases.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood potassium levels and platelet count during therapy to avoid hypokalaemia (potassium levels are low) and thrombocytosis (body produces many platelets).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hydrotalcite or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having impaired kidney function.
- Do not take if having reduced concentration of phosphates.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is hydrotalcite used for?
Hydrotalcite is used as an antacid (to increase gastric pH), antireflux agent (to relieve from symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease) and antiulcerant (to stop acid secretion and to treat ulcers in the stomach).