Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
Information about Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
Gabapentin + methylcobalamin/mecobalamin uses
Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin is used in the treatment of neuropathic pain.
How gabapentin + methylcobalamin/mecobalamin works
This is a combination of two medicines: Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin. Gabapentin is an alpha 2 delta ligand which decreases pain by modulating calcium channel activity of the nerve cells. Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B which helps in the production of myelin, a substance that protects nerve fibers and rejuvenates damaged nerve cells. Together, they relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves).
Common side effects of gabapentin + methylcobalamin/mecobalamin
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Tiredness, Uncoordinated body movements
Available Medicine for Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
- ₹81 to ₹253Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹185Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹168Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹86Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹130Pulse Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹181Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹226Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹162 to ₹179Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹168Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹147Linux Laboratories1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
- You have been prescribed Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin for treating and preventing nerve pain.
- Its side effects are usually mild and temporary.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chances of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin, as it may cause excessive sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin
Q. What is Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin?
Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin is a combination of two medicines: Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin. This medication is useful in the treatment of pain due to nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy). This medication works by regenerating damaged nerves in the body and decreasing the pain sensation.
Q. What is peripheral neuropathy?
The nerves in the periphery of your body, such as the nerves in your toes and fingertip are called peripheral nerves and any damage to one or more of these nerves is called peripheral neuropathy. These nerves carry messages to/from the brain and spinal cord from/to the rest of the body. A damage caused to these nerves stops them from functioning properly and the messages traveling between your central and peripheral nervous system get disrupted.
Q. Can I stop taking Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin when my pain is relieved?
No, take Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the nerves are completely regenerated and healed.
Q. Can the use of Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin cause sleepiness?
Yes, the most common side effect of Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin is sleepiness. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or engage in other activities that need your full attention. Do not drink alcohol while taking Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin as it can lead to severe sleepiness , causing falls or accidents.
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of this medicine?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin can lead to increased chances of side effects and toxicity. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms that are not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for the Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin/Mecobalamin?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.