Formoterol + Mometasone
Information about Formoterol + Mometasone
Formoterol + mometasone uses
How formoterol + mometasone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Mometasone. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Mometasone is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of formoterol + mometasone
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infections in the mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Formoterol + Mometasone
- ₹165 to ₹603Zydus Cadila8 variant(s)
- ₹170 to ₹219Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Formoterol + Mometasone
- Formoterol + Mometasone is a combination of two medicines that opens the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Formoterol + Mometasone can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Formoterol + Mometasone may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.