Etofylline/Etophylline + Theophylline + Montelukast
Information about Etofylline/Etophylline + Theophylline + Montelukast
Etofylline/etophylline + theophylline + montelukast uses
Etofylline/Etophylline+Theophylline+Montelukast is used in the treatment of asthma.
How etofylline/etophylline + theophylline + montelukast works
This is a combination of three medicines: Etofylline/Etophylline, Theophylline and Montelukast. Etofylline/Etophylline and Theophylline are bronchodilators which work by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widen the airways. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of leukotriene, a chemical messenger. This reduces inflammation in the airways and nose to prevent asthma and relieve symptoms of allergies.
Common side effects of etofylline/etophylline + theophylline + montelukast
Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach upset, Diarrhea, Restlessness, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Etofylline/Etophylline + Theophylline + Montelukast
- ₹144Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹90ICI Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Etofylline/Etophylline + Theophylline + Montelukast
- Etofylline/Etophylline + Theophylline + Montelukast helps in prevention and treatment of asthma.
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Your doctor may need to take regular blood test to monitor the level of drug in your body to make sure that you are taking the right dose.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.