Information about Eflornithine
Eflornithine is used in the treatment of facial hirsutism.
How eflornithine works
Eflornithine stops the activity of a chemical involved in the production of hair on the face.
Common side effects of eflornithine
Acne, Itching, Erythema, Hair loss, Burning discomfort, Stinging sensation, Dry skin, Rash, Tingling sensation, Irritation, Hair follicle inflammation
Available Medicine for Eflornithine
- ₹779Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹710Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹648Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹420Shalaks Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹300Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eflornithine
- Do not apply eflornithine cream within 5 minutes of using any hair removal technique such as waxing or shaving or on broken or inflamed skin as it may cause irritation.
- Do not wash the affected area within 4 hours of application of the cream.
- Do not apply make-up or sunscreen on the affected area for at least 5 minutes after application of eflornithine cream.
- Apply the cream on freshly cleaned and dried skin as directed by the physician. Keep an interval of 8 hours between each application of cream.
- Avoid contact of the cream with the eyes or nose or any other part of the body other than the intended area.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any discomfort e.g. irritation with use of the eflornithine cream
- Do not discontinue the treatment without consulting your physician as the hair growth may resume after stopping the treatment.
- Donot take if allergic to eflornithine or to any ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not consume if Pregnant or breastfeeding women or women below 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for Eflornithine
Q. What is eflornithine or Eflornithine Vaniqa?
Eflornithine is a medicine used for the treatment of unwanted facial hair in women. It is available as a cream. Eflornithine Vaniqa is one of the brand names of the medicine
Q. Is eflornithine cream available over-the-counter?
No. Eflornithine is available as an over-the-counter medicine.
Q. Is eflornithine cream safe?
Eflornithine cream is relatively safe if used as directed by the physician. In case of any adverse events, please consult your doctor.