Information about Doxofylline
Doxofylline is used in the treatment of asthma prevention and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
How doxofylline works
Doxofylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of doxofylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Abdominal upset, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Doxofylline
- ₹50 to ₹72Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹95Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹116Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹97Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹60Moraceae Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64Vintage Labs Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹93Mars Therapeutics & Chemicals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹118Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Doxofylline
- It is better to take Doxofylline in the evening around 7-8 pm for protection against asthma symptoms throughout the night.
- Doxofylline will not work for sudden wheezing or asthma attacks once they start. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Not as effective as steroid inhalers for asthma.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with the kidney, liver or heart disease, or have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Taking Doxofylline can reduce the requirement of steroids by 50%.
Frequently asked questions for Doxofylline
Q. What is Doxofylline?
Doxofylline is a new generation long-acting oral bronchodilator. It is a methyxanthine derivative.
Q. How does Doxofylline work?
Doxofylline inhibits an enzyme called phosphodiesterase which results in bronchodilation (dilation or widening of the airways in the lungs by relaxing the surrounding smooth muscle). It is used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a lung disease characterized by chronic obstruction of lung airflow that interferes with normal breathing and is not fully reversible.
Q. Is Doxofylline antibiotic?
Doxofylline is not an antibiotic. Doxofylline is a bronchodilator used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Q. Is Doxofylline a steroid?
Doxofylline is not a steroid. Doxofylline is a bronchodilator used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Q. What is Doxofylline used for?
Doxofylline is a bronchodilator used for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).