Information about Diosmin
How diosmin works
Diosmin is a flavonoid. It works by blocking the action of chemical messengers (prostaglandins, thromboxane A2) which cause inflammation (swelling) of the veins. This improves blood flow in the veins and restores normal vein function.
Common side effects of diosmin
Stomach pain, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Headache, Nausea
Available Medicine for Diosmin
- ₹125 to ₹200Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹373Walter Bushnell3 variant(s)
- ₹103Panbross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹225Micro 2 Mega Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹49Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diosmin
- Do not take Diosmin for more than three months without medical supervision.
- Diosmin is safe to use for a period of three months for most of the patients.
Frequently asked questions for Diosmin
Q. Is Diosmin a blood thinner?
Diosmin acts by dilating the blood vessels, especially veins. It is not known to be used as a blood thinner.
Q. Does Diosmin lower or raise blood pressure?
Though Diosmin acts by dilating the blood vessels, it is not known to lower or raise blood pressure.
Q. Does Diosmin cause constipation?
Diosmin may cause diarrhea, but is not known to cause constipation.