Information about Diosmin
Diosmin is used in the treatment of varicose veins.
How diosmin works
Diosmin belongs to a class of drugs called flavonoids. It works by dilating the blood vessels and causing a decrease in blood pressure in the veins. Diosmin also decreases swelling and inflammation by reducing levels of some chemicals (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation, thereby restoring normal vein function.
Common side effects of diosmin
Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Headache
Available Medicine for Diosmin
- ₹114 to ₹185Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹309Walter Bushnell4 variant(s)
- ₹98Panbross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diosmin
• Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.
• Chronic venous insufficiency, chronic hemorrhoids and leg ulcers: 500 mg twice daily.
• Acute hemorrhoidal attacks: 3 g once daily for 4 days followed by 2 g per day for 3 days.
• Internal hemorrhoids: 1.5 g twice daily for 4 days followed by 1 g twice daily for 3 days
• Do not take diosmin for more than three months.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Diosmin
Q. Is Diosmin a blood thinner?
Diosmin acts by dilating the blood vessels, especially veins. It is not known to be used as a blood thinner
Q. Does Diosmin lower or raise blood pressure?
Though, Diosmin acts by dilating the blood vessels, it is not known to lower or raise blood vessels.
Q. Does Diosmin cause constipation?
Diosmin may cause diarrhea, but is not known to cause constipation.