Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
Information about Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
Dicyclomine + paracetamol/acetaminophen uses
Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is used in the treatment of abdominal pain. It relieves abdominal pain that is associated with biliary colic, intestinal colic, renal colic and dysmenorrhea.
How dicyclomine + paracetamol/acetaminophen works
This is a combination of two medicines: dicyclomine and paracetamol, which relieves abdominal pain and cramps. Dicyclomine is an anti-cholinergic which relaxes the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort. Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is an analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain.
Common side effects of dicyclomine + paracetamol/acetaminophen
Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
- ₹30 to ₹31Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹32Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹10Syncom Formulations I Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹70Zandu Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹23Wockhardt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹62Medirose drug & pharma3 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹31Hema Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹29Sanzyme Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹35Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
- Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen helps relieve stomach pain.
- Take it with food to prevent an upset stomach.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Do not take it with any other medicine containing paracetamol (drugs for pain/fever or cough-and-cold) without asking your doctor first.
Frequently asked questions for Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
Dicyclomine + Paracetamol/Acetaminophen
Q. What is Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen?
Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is a combination of two medicines: Dicyclomine and Paracetamol. This medication helps in relieving stomach pain. It works by relaxing the muscles of the stomach and intestine by decreasing the levels of chemical substances in the body that cause pain.
Q. Is it safe to use Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen?
Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients it may cause some unwanted common side effects like nausea, dryness of mouth, blurred vision, sleepiness, weakness and nervousness. If you experience any persistent problem while taking this medication, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Can I stop taking Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen when my pain is relieved?
Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is usually used for short-term and can be discontinued if there is no pain. However, it should be continued if you are advised by your doctor to do so.
Q. Can the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen can cause diarrhea. In case of diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids by taking small frequent sips. Also, avoid taking fatty or fried foods along with this medication. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice signs of dehydration, like less urination with dark colored and strong-smelling urine. Do not take any other medicine without speaking to your doctor.
Q. Can the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen can cause dry mouth. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips of water during the day and keep some by your bed at night. You may use lip balm if your lips are also dry. Try to avoid foods that are acidic (like lemons), spicy and salty.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen?
The use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine. It should be used carefully in patients with alcohol dependency or with underlying kidney or liver damage.
Q. Can the use of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen cause damage to liver?
Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen is usually safe to use in the dose as recommended by the doctor. However, an overdose of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen can cause damage to the liver. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may further increase the risk of liver damage. Use of this medicine is not recommended in patients with the severe liver disease.
Q. Can I take a higher dose of this medicine than recommended?
No, taking higher than the recommended dose of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen can lead to increased chances of side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of pain or if the pain is not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Dicyclomine+Paracetamol/Acetaminophen?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.