Deca Peptide is used in the treatment of vitiligo (loss of skin colour in patches)
How it works
Decapeptide is derived from the basic fibroblast growth factor and works by inducing multiplication of melanocytes (which gives the skin its colour) from hair follicles surrounding the affected skin thereby resulting in re-pigmentation of the skin.
Common side effects
Chest tightness, Difficulty in swalloing, Shortness of breath, Skin rash, Itching, Abdominal bloating, Swelling of abdomen
- Do not apply decapeptide to broken or severely damaged skin.
- Immediately wash your hands except for the area to be treated after applying the lotion.
- Do not use it for cosmetic purposes such as skin whitening, removal of moles or other blemishes.
- Avoid exposure to direct UV light and cover the treated areas after application.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any allergic reactions.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to decapeptide or any of its ingredients.