How it works
Common side effects
- 2 variant(s)
- Exercise caution if your child is less than 3 years of age, apply the cream or lotion under doctor’s supervision.
- Do not apply crotamiton topical in or around the mouth or eyes. If applied accidently, rinse thoroughly with water.
- After each application, change the clothing, towels and bed sheets to facilitate killing of all the mites.
- Take a cleansing bath after 48 hours of the last application to remove the traces of the medication from the skin.
- Stop applying crotamiton if you develop any allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and or having genital itching.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to crotamiton or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with acute exudative dermatoses (red and itchy skin with pus).
- It sholud not given to patients with damaged or excoriated skin.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is crotamiton over the counter?
No. Crotamiton is available with prescription of registered medical practitioner only
Q.Is crotamiton a steroid/an antihistamine?
Crotamiton is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q.Is crotamiton topical safe?
Crotamiton topical is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.