Information about Crotamiton Topical
Crotamiton topical uses
Crotamiton Topical is used in the treatment of scabies.
How crotamiton topical works
Crotamiton belongs to the class of medications called as scabicidal drugs. It works by killing the mite that causes scabies. It is also anti-pruritic in action. It acts as a counter-irritant, producing a cooling effect as it evaporates from the skin, thereby providing relief from itching.
Common side effects of crotamiton topical
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
Available Medicine for Crotamiton Topical
- ₹41 to ₹91Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Crotamiton Topical
- Exercise caution if your child is less than 3 years of age, apply the cream or lotion under doctor’s supervision.
- Do not apply crotamiton topical in or around the mouth or eyes. If applied accidently, rinse thoroughly with water.
- After each application, change the clothing, towels and bed sheets to facilitate killing of all the mites.
- Take a cleansing bath after 48 hours of the last application to remove the traces of the medication from the skin.
- Stop applying crotamiton if you develop any allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and or having genital itching.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to crotamiton or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to patients with acute exudative dermatoses (red and itchy skin with pus).
- It sholud not given to patients with damaged or excoriated skin.
Frequently asked questions for Crotamiton Topical
Q. Is crotamiton over the counter?
No. Crotamiton is available with prescription of registered medical practitioner only
Q. Is crotamiton a steroid/an antihistamine?
Crotamiton is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. Is crotamiton topical safe?
Crotamiton topical is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.