Information about Cinitapride
Available Medicine for Cinitapride
- ₹98Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹197Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹210Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹38Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹190Vivid Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cinitapride
- Always take cinitapride at least 15 minutes before meals.
- Caution has to be exercised when administered in elderly patients, as it may cause movement disorder or prolong the heartbeat.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while you are taking cinitapride as it may cause drowsiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking cinitapride as it may increase sleepiness.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to cinitapride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you have gastrointestinal bleeding, obstruction, tear (perforation), or movement disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cinitapride
Q. What is cinitapride is used for?
Cinitapride is used for the treatment of motility-related gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion, reflux disease, delayed gastric emptying, and vomiting
Q. How does cinitapride work?
Cinitapride works by increasing the movement of esophagus, stomach, and intestines during digestion. It also increases the strength of muscle between esophagus and stomach to prevent the reflux conditions.
Q. Why is Cinitapride used with rabeprazole for some conditions?
Cinitapride increases the movement of the gut and is useful in the treatment of conditions like heartburn, dyspepsia and is also useful in the treatment of reflux esophagitis. It has much better efficacy when it is used with rabeprazole.