Information about Cinitapride
Cinitapride is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and indigestion.
How cinitapride works
Cinitapride indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Common side effects of cinitapride
Headache, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cinitapride
- ₹119Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹103 to ₹216Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹253Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹130Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Iva Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹70Manith Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹190Vivid Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Deify Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cinitapride
- Cinitapride helps treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and indigestion.
- Take it 15 minutes before each meal.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Cinitapride can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Cinitapride as it can increase dizziness and the risk of stomach damage.
Frequently asked questions for Cinitapride
Q. What is cinitapride is used for?
Cinitapride is used for the treatment of motility-related gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion, reflux disease, delayed gastric emptying, and vomiting
Q. How does cinitapride work?
Cinitapride works by increasing the movement of esophagus, stomach, and intestines during digestion. It also increases the strength of muscle between esophagus and stomach to prevent the reflux conditions.
Q. Why is Cinitapride used with rabeprazole for some conditions?
Cinitapride increases the movement of the gut and is useful in the treatment of conditions like heartburn, dyspepsia and is also useful in the treatment of reflux esophagitis. It has much better efficacy when it is used with rabeprazole.