Calcium Dobesilate Topical
Calcium dobesilate topical is used as a supportive treatment of haemorrhoids (piles) and varicose veins (enlarged, twisted and thickened blood vessels especially in the legs).
How it works
Calcium dobesilate belongs to a class of medications called as vasoprotectives. It acts on the walls of small blood vessel and decreases their leakage and fragility. It also decreases the viscosity/thickness of blood, thereby improving the blood flow.
Common side effects
Application site redness of skin, Application site irritation, Rash, Itching
- 1 variant(s)
- Do not apply calcium dobesilate on cracked or broken skin (unless indicated).
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to calcium dobesilate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have heart block or hypovolemia (decrease in blood volume).
- Women in the first trimester of pregnancy should not use.