Information about Bimatoprost
Bimatoprost is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
How bimatoprost works
Bimatoprost decreases the pressure in the eyeball by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of an eyeball ).
Common side effects of bimatoprost
Eye itching, Conjunctival hyperemia , Stinging in the eyes, Eyelash changes , Burning sensation in eye, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased iris pigmentation
Available Medicine for Bimatoprost
- ₹544 to ₹656Allergan India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹410Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹155Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹235Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹220Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹519Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹278Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹268Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1600Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹265Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bimatoprost
- Your sight may become blurred for a short time just after using bimatoprost. You should not drive or use machines until your sight is clear again.
- Do not use the drops when you are wearing contact lenses. Use your contact lenses 15 minutes after instilling bimatoprost eye drops.
- Bimatoprost may cause your eyelashes to darken and grow longer, and also cause the skin around the eyelid to darken. The color of your iris (a black circular portion in the eye) may also go darker over time. These changes may be permanent and may be more noticeable if you are treating only one eye.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are using another topical eye medication, administer it at least 5 minutes before or after using bimatoprost eye drops.
Frequently asked questions for Bimatoprost
Q. Is bimatoprost the same as latisse/Lumigan/latanoprost?
Bimatoprost is same as Lattise and Lumigan and not Latanoprost
Q. Is bimatoprost generic, safe and FDA approved?
Yes, bimatoprost is generic, safe and FDA approved
Q. Is bimatoprost a beta blocker?
Bimatoprost is not a beta blocker
Q. Does bimatoprost grow/regrow hair/eyebrows/eyelashes?
Yes, bimatoprost can grow/regrow hair, eyebrows or eyelashes.