Information about Bimatoprost
Bimatoprost is used in the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
How bimatoprost works
Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analogue. It works by increasing the natural flow of fluid from the eye, thereby lowering pressure in the eye.
Common side effects of bimatoprost
Eye itching, Conjunctival hyperemia , Stinging in the eyes, Eyelash changes , Burning sensation in eye, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased iris pigmentation
Available Medicine for Bimatoprost
- ₹496 to ₹720Allergan India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹442Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹169Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹257Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹242Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹160 to ₹519Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹330Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹292Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹295Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹265Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bimatoprost
- Bimatoprost helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- For best results, put one drop once a day in the evening/night in the affected eye(s).
- Bimatoprost may cause brown pigmentation of the iris which may be permanent.
- Your eyelashes may become more dense and eyelid skin may darken. These changes should disappear after discontinuing Bimatoprost.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
Frequently asked questions for Bimatoprost
Q. Is bimatoprost the same as latisse/Lumigan/latanoprost?
Bimatoprost is same as Lattise and Lumigan and not Latanoprost
Q. Is Bimatoprost generic, safe and FDA approved?
Yes, Bimatoprost is generic, safe and FDA approved
Q. Is Bimatoprost a beta blocker?
Bimatoprost is not a beta blocker
Q. Does Bimatoprost grow/regrow hair/eyebrows/eyelashes?
Yes, Bimatoprost can grow/regrow hair, eyebrows or eyelashes.