Benzathine penicillin G
Information about Benzathine penicillin G
Benzathine penicillin g uses
Benzathine penicillin G is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, syphilis and prevention of rheumatic fever.
How benzathine penicillin g works
Benzathine penicillin G is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Common side effects of benzathine penicillin g
Nausea, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Benzathine penicillin G
- ₹7 to ₹12Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹13Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzathine penicillin G
- Make sure you complete the course even if you start to feel better.
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Benzathine penicillin G and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.