Benzathine penicillin G
Information about Benzathine penicillin G
Benzathine penicillin g uses
Benzathine penicillin G is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, syphilis and prevention of rheumatic fever.
How benzathine penicillin g works
Benzathine penicillin g is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of benzathine penicillin g
Nausea, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Benzathine penicillin G
- ₹5 to ₹11Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹7Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzathine penicillin G
• Exercise caution while taking benzathine penicillin G if you are suffering from diarrhea or stomach infection.
• Avoid direct exposure to sunlight as it may cause sensitivity to skin.
• Do not drive or operate machinery while taking benzathine penicillin G as it may cause dizziness.
• Patients who are allergic to penicillins, cephalosporins or any of its ingredients should not take benzathine penicillin G.