Benzathine penicillin G
Benzathine penicillin G is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, syphilis and prevention of rheumatic fever.
How it works
Benzathine penicillin g is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Diarrhoea
- ₹7 to ₹12Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹11Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
• Exercise caution while taking benzathine penicillin G if you are suffering from diarrhea or stomach infection.
• Avoid direct exposure to sunlight as it may cause sensitivity to skin.
• Do not drive or operate machinery while taking benzathine penicillin G as it may cause dizziness.
• Patients who are allergic to penicillins, cephalosporins or any of its ingredients should not take benzathine penicillin G.