Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Information about Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Ampicillin + cloxacillin uses
Ampicillin+Cloxacillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ampicillin + cloxacillin works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. These antibiotics work by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ampicillin + cloxacillin
Allergic reaction, Rash, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
- ₹11 to ₹50Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹74Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹55Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries7 variant(s)
- ₹29Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹38Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹16Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹96Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹230Vostok & Wilcure Remedies5 variant(s)
- ₹43Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ampicillin + Cloxacillin may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ampicillin + Cloxacillin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Frequently asked questions for Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Q. How long does Ampicillin+Cloxacillin takes to work?
Usually, Ampicillin+Cloxacillin starts working soon after using it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. Can I stop taking Ampicillin+Cloxacillin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ampicillin+Cloxacillin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What is Ampicillin+Cloxacillin used for?
Ampicillin+Cloxacillin is used to treat patients with bacterial infections. It is a semi-synthetic derivative of the drug penicillin. It is used to treat urinary tract and respiratory tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea and infections of the stomach or intestine.
Q. Can I take Ampicillin+Cloxacillin if I am allergic to penicillin?
No, do not take Ampicillin+Cloxacillin if you are allergic to penicillin. Make sure that you inform your doctor about your allergy.
Q. Which medicines should be avoided while taking Ampicillin+Cloxacillin?
Ampicillin+Cloxacillin should be avoided with methotrexate which is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and some forms of cancer. This is because combining the two medications can cause some serious side effects.